Facebook Live To Cover Data Privacy Day 2013 Kick-Off Event
WASHINGTON, Jan. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA), a non-profit public-private partnership focused on helping all digital citizens stay safer and more secure online and official coordinator of Data Privacy Day (DPD) is partnering with Facebook to broadcast the DPD 2013 Kick-Off event online on January 28 th. The forum will explore data stewardship, privacy innovation and the implications for personal information in an on-demand mobile environment. The Data Privacy Day theme is: Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data and Enabling Trust. NCSA also announced today the availability of the latest edition of the best-selling digital citizenship book entitled lol…OMG! available free for a limited time to help high school students manage their online reputation.
Facebook Live viewers can sign-up to participate and view the event at: http://bit.ly/privacyday2013 from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. ET. U.S. Federal Trade Commissioner Maureen Ohlhausen will provide opening keynote remarks followed by panel discussions with the following privacy and security experts:
- Erin Egan, chief privacy officer, Facebook
- David Hoffman, director of security policy and global privacy officer, Intel
- Brendon Lynch, chief privacy officer, Microsoft
- Jeff Brueggeman, vice president of global public policy and deputy chief privacy officer, AT&T
- JoAnn Stonier, chief privacy officer, MasterCard
- Ari Schwartz, senior policy advisor, Office of the Secretary, U.S. Dept. of Commerce
- Justin Brookman, director, project on consumer privacy, Center for Democracy & Technology
- Jules Polonetsky, director and co-chair, The Future of Privacy Forum
- John Verdi, Director of Privacy Initiatives, NTIA/OPAD
"We're excited to make the kick-off event available to viewers around the world and thank Facebook for providing the opportunity," said Michael Kaiser, executive director of the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA). "Data privacy should be a concern for business, governments, NGOs, academic institutions and all Internet users. Data Privacy Day activities are designed to provide people with the information they need to be empowered to own their online presence."Also in conjunction with Data Privacy Day, the latest edition of the best-selling digital citizenship book lol...OMG!, by Matt Ivester, tailored specially for high school students will be available for FREE download from Amazon Jan. 25-29th. The book empowers students to clean up and maintain a positive online presence and to become responsible digital citizens. Intel and Reed Elsevier are underwriting the promotion. The free download of the book is available at: http://www.lolomgfree.com/. Kaiser added: "lol…OMG is like a road map for young people to create a positive online presence. We encourage every high school student and their parents and teachers to download a free copy while they can."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts