Chemtura Corporation (NYSE/EuroNext Paris: CHMT) today announced it has entered into an amended and restated asset purchase and contribution agreement with an affiliate of SK Capital Partners for the sale of its Antioxidant and UV Stabilizers business for $200 million. The terms now provide for approximately $97 million of cash payable at closing, the receipt of $9 million in preferred stock and the assumption of pension, environmental and other liabilities totaling approximately $93 million. The purchase price is subject to a post-closing net working capital adjustment. The transaction remains subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2013.
SK Capital is a leading investment firm with a disciplined focus on the specialty materials, chemicals and healthcare sectors. Their current portfolio generates over $6 billion in revenues and employs in excess of 4,000 people.
Chemtura Corporation, with 2011 sales of $3 billion, is a global manufacturer and marketer of specialty chemicals, agro chemicals, and pool, spa and home care products. Additional information concerning Chemtura is available at www.chemtura.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV