News Summary: Palladium, Platinum Prices Rise
By The Associated Press
FROM RUSSIA, WITH DOUBTS: Prices for palladium and platinum rose on Friday, after a report that Russia's stockpiles of both metals could shrink this year.
TAKING STOCK: Prices for both metals were also helped by a rise in stock prices. Palladium and platinum can trade as industrial metals, which generally means they rise when traders feel better about the economy.
UP AND DOWN: Key energy and agricultural commodities were mixed. Benchmark oil fell in New York, Brent crude ended flat in London, wholesale gasoline rose. Wheat and soybeans rose, and corn fell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV