Xerium Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: XRM), a leading global manufacturer of clothing and roll covers used primarily in the paper production process, is announcing today the closing of 2 more of its manufacturing plants, the further reduction of headcount in Europe and the movement of polyurethane roll casting equipment to China. Within the last year, the company has initiated the closing of 4 manufacturing operations, installed new machines in low cost countries, and lowered its SG&A costs. The company is in the beginning stages of a multi-year repositioning of its cost structure and asset base to better mirror its served markets.
Xerium has commenced negotiations to close its paper machine clothing facility in Zizurkil, Spain with its employees’ representatives and is closing its spreader roll facility in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company expects permanent annualized cost savings of $3.2 million from these actions.
“These closures, while difficult on the affected people and communities, are reflective of Xerium’s need to restructure its cost profile and to better align its asset base with natural market sizes”, said Harold Bevis, Xerium’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “These actions demonstrate our management team’s resolve to take immediate and continuous steps to get Xerium back on track to deliver increased Adjusted EBITDA and shareholder value.”
The measures announced today are additive to previously announced cost restructuring actions. Those previously announced actions are expected to result in annual savings of $13.8 million, bringing the cost-takeout total to $17.0 million. These cumulative actions include:
- Reduction of selling costs in Europe via termination of sales agency agreements
- Closure of clothing production operation in Argentina
- Closure of roll covering plant in France
- Reduction of base costs in Europe via headcount reduction
- Closure of clothing plant in Spain
- Closure of roll covering plant in North Carolina
- Redeployment and expansion of capabilities and capacity in China and Mexico
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV