Construction Contractors And CALPASC Are Pleased Air Conditioning Company Gets Heat From State Labor Commissioner
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Jan. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The following statements are based on the January 24 announcement by California's Labor Commissioner Julie A. Su ordering Ace Cooling & Heating Corporation to pay nearly $1 million in fines for failing to pay employees proper wages on a public works project in Torrance.
Brad Diede, Executive Director, California Professional Association of Specialty Contractors (CALPASC) issued the following statements:
"The announcement of Commissioner Su's order for a heating and air contractor to pay fines for fraudulent actions starts this year off right.
"The work of the California Department of Industrial Relations' Division of Labor Standards Enforcement reinforces our message that blatant dishonesty will not be tolerated and prime contractors that hire unscrupulous subcontractors will be held accountable."Mike Carson, Vice President, Kahn Air Conditioning, Incorporated, past president of The Institute of Heating and Air Conditioning Industries, Inc. (IHACI) and member of the construction coalition issued the following statements: "I am happy to see the size of this fine in light of the fact that violators typically think the risk of non-compliance is worth paying 'a small fine.' "We fully support state agencies that catch scam artists who cheat the system by performing unpermitted work; ripping off unsuspecting consumers; paying employees cash under the table; hiring undocumented workers; and putting workers at risk by not complying with safety regulations. "Unfortunately, the mindset of perpetrators is 'catch me if you can, and by the way, you won't catch me because it's like searching for a needle in the haystack.' By publicizing this type of a catch, the message is being sent that enforcement is and will be stepped up and cheating will have consequences.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV