Emmaus Life Sciences Issues Statement In Response To Announcement By AFH Holding & Advisory
TORRANCE, Calif., Jan. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Emmaus Life Sciences, Inc., a company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative and cost effective treatments and therapies for rare diseases, today issued the following statement in response to an announcement issued January 24, 2013 by AFH Holding & Advisory, LLC.:
AFH Holding & Advisory and its counsel have misrepresented the nature and effect of a recent ruling by the Los Angeles Superior Court. Far from "preventing [Emmaus] from pursuing a lawsuit it had filed" against AFH Holding & Advisory, the court's decision merely stayed the proceedings in California and held that the claims are contractually required to be brought in Delaware, where Emmaus is currently engaged in litigation against AFH Holding & Advisory and its principal Amir Heshmatpour. The court's narrow and technical ruling in no way addressed the merits of Emmaus's claims, which management believes are strongly supported by the evidence. Neither this nor any further attempt by AFH Holding & Advisory to litigate by press release will dissuade Emmaus from pursuing its claims in whatever forum is appropriate for their adjudication.
About Emmaus Life Sciences Emmaus is dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative and cost-effective treatments and therapies for rare diseases.
For more information, please visit www.emmauslifesciences.com.Contacts: Media: Lori Teranishi for Emmaus Life Sciences, Inc. 415-981-1964 email@example.com Investors: Matt Sheldon for Emmaus Life Sciences, Inc. 310-279-5975 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Emmaus Life Sciences, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV