There were other major earnings reports this week, including the big telecom companies, AT&T (T) and Verizon (VZ). AT&T posted a net loss on pension writedowns, though it activated 10.2 million smartphones during the quarter.
Verizon also had a big writedown during its quarter, and added 2.2 million net retail connections, including 2.1 million postpaid net retail connections.
Shares of AT&T fell 0.7% for the week to close at $34.02, while Verizon lost 1.4% to finish at $42.67.
Next week the tech earnings just keep on coming. We get results from Qualcomm (QCOM), Amazon (AMZN), Facebook (FB) and EMC (EMC). Research In Motion (RIMM) will also show off its BlackBerry 10 in New York City, which TheStreet will be covering live. Enjoy your weekend everyone. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV