ALLENTOWN, Pa., Jan. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL) announced Friday (1/25) that the chief executive officer of International Power plc, a global independent power producer, will join PPL's board of directors April 1.
Philip G. Cox, who has served as CEO of International Power since 2003, will join the PPL board after retiring from International Power in March."Philip is an outstanding addition to PPL's board of directors. His extensive executive experience in a variety of businesses and his superb record of growing value for shareowners at one of the United Kingdom's leading energy companies will add important perspective to our already strong board," said William H. Spence, PPL chairman, president and chief executive officer. A graduate of Queens' College, Cambridge University, Cox began his professional career at Price Waterhouse in 1973. After four years there, he accepted an internal auditing position at Lucas Industries plc, where he progressed to chief accountant for the company's Fluid Power Division. He also served in several positions, including managing director, at a British engineering and leisure products firm before moving to Siebe PLC as group financial controller. He advanced to chief financial officer at Siebe before it merged with BTR to form Invensys plc. He served as Invensys' senior vice president, operational planning, before joining International Power as chief financial officer in 2000. International Power is a leading global independent power producer with operations in Latin America, North America, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia. Cox serves as an outside director of Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc in the U.K. and Meggitt PLC, a U.K. engineering company that specializes in aerospace equipment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV