- regulatory, judicial, or legislative actions, including changes in regulatory policies and ratemaking determinations;
- impairments of goodwill, intangible assets, or long-lived assets;
- changes in laws and other governmental actions, including monetary, fiscal, and tax policies;
- increasing capital expenditure and operating expense requirements and our ability to recover these costs;
- the cost and availability of natural gas for distribution and the level and volatility of future market prices for natural gas, including the ability to recover the costs of such natural gas;
- the effectiveness of our risk management strategies and the use of financial and derivative instruments;
- business and economic conditions, including their impact on interest rates, bad debt expense, and demand for our products;
- disruptions of the capital markets, deterioration in credit metrics of Ameren Illinois, or other events that make Ameren Illinois' access to necessary capital, including short-term credit and liquidity, impossible, more difficult, or more costly;
- our assessment of our liquidity;
- the impact of the adoption of new accounting guidance and the application of appropriate technical accounting rules and guidance;
- actions of credit rating agencies and the effects of such actions;
- the impact of weather conditions and other natural phenomena on us and our customers;
- transmission and distribution asset construction, installation, performance, and cost recovery;
- the effects of strategic initiatives, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, and any related tax implications;
- the impact of current environmental regulations on utilities and new, more stringent or changing requirements, including those related to greenhouse gases, other emissions and energy efficiency, that are enacted over time and that could increase our costs, result in an impairment of our assets, reduce our customers' demand for natural gas, or otherwise have a negative financial effect;
- labor disputes, workforce reductions, future wage and employee benefits costs, including changes in discount rates and returns on benefit plan assets;
- the inability of our counterparties and affiliates to meet their obligations with respect to contracts, credit facilities, and financial instruments;
- legal and administrative proceedings; and
- acts of sabotage, war, terrorism, cybersecurity attacks or intentionally disruptive acts.
Ameren Illinois Files Natural Gas Delivery Service Rate Case
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.