North Carolina's Electric Cooperatives Monitoring Forecasts, Preparing For Storm Effects
RALEIGH, N.C., Jan. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- North Carolina's electric cooperatives are ready to restore power as quickly as possible if outages should occur as a result of the predicted winter precipitation mix. "The state's 26 electric cooperatives are carefully monitoring this weather system and are prepared for possible power outages, if any, in the 93 North Carolina counties served by the cooperatives," said Jane Pritchard, director of corporate communications for North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation (NCEMC). "At this time, forecasts do not indicate that there will be ice accumulation sufficient to cause widespread outages," Pritchard continued, "but should that change, the cooperatives are ready to spring into action."
Because North Carolina's electric cooperatives are located in the communities they serve, restoration crews are always on-site and can begin work immediately.
Electric cooperative members are asked to call their cooperative directly if they experience a disruption in power. For a complete list of phone numbers to report outages and a list of counties served by each co-op, refer to www.ncelectriccooperatives.com. Those phone numbers should be retrieved and on-hand before power outages occur.
North Carolina's electric cooperatives provide energy to 2.5 million people in 93 of 100 counties, primarily in rural parts of the state. The electric cooperatives own and maintain 95,000 miles of power lines.www.ncelectriccooperatives.com SOURCE North Carolina's electric cooperatives
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV