Ivar's restaurants combine the delicious seasonal fare with breathtaking waterviews to create an ideal dining destination for couples looking for the ultimate in romance. The full
Valentine's Day menu will highlight aphrodisiac ingredients like lobster, ginger, saffron, hazelnuts, vanilla, dark chocolate, strawberries and fennel, all known for increasing desire. Sample menu items and cocktails include:
SEATTLE, Jan. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Seattle Valentines can take in the view of one another as well as the waterfront by heading to Ivar's full-service restaurants in Seattle and Mukilteo for love-themed dining specials. Ivar's Seattle seafood restaurants, including Ivar's Acres of Clams on Seattle's waterfront, Ivar's Salmon House on North Lake Union and Ivar's Mukilteo Landing next to the ferry docks, will feature a clamtastic menu to celebrate Valentine's Day in Seattle on Thursday, Feb. 14 through Sunday, Feb. 17, including romantic bites, sensual cocktails and half-priced Champagne and sparkling wines. Reservations can be made at http://bit.ly/ivarsvday2013.
- Sweetheart's Indulgence for Two –a three-course dinner with a choice of baby greens, Caesar salad, smoked salmon or white clam chowder; filet mignon topped with Dungeness crab and bearnaise sauce; White King Salmon stuffed with baby shrimp and Brie and topped with a saffron fennel vinaigrette; or Northwest crab cakes with a papaya ginger beurre blanc, all served with a side of smooshed red potatoes and steamed broccolini. To complete the dinner share a decadent chocolate fondue for two.
- Wild Alaskan Halibut and Lobster Saffron Risotto – fish is known for its heart-protecting qualities and this delicious halibut dish is no exception. Topped with Roma tomato shallot confit and fresh basil-scallion oil, it's sure to make the heart grow fonder.
- Hazelnut French Vanilla Dark Chocolate Fondue – what day of love is complete without a chocolate treat? Warm up with this fondue special, made for couples to dip fresh baked pound cake, juicy strawberries, kiwi and mangoes into a rich chocolate sauce.
- Midnight Passion – start the night off with a cocktail of St. Germain elderflower liqueur, Sauza Blue Tequila, passion fruit puree, sour and a splash of Sprite
- A Wild Affair – sparkling wine is mixed with Monin Wildberry Fruit Puree and topped with heart garnish; perfect for those looking for a pink drink to celebrate
- Cupid's Arrow – get lovestruck together with a pink cocktail of Domaine Ste. Michelle Blanc de Blanc, Pearl Blueberry Vodka and a dash of pomegranate syrup
- Will You be My Mojito? – things get heated up with a twist on this tropical favorite made with Cuervo Gold tequila, Creme de Cassis, lime wedges, and fresh mint leaves topped off with soda and brown sugar