WWE (NYSE: WWE) and the Pearson Foundation today announced a partnership to expand WWE’s WrestleMania Reading Challenge and promote the importance of literacy through a new digital reading program. Beginning February 4, 2013, students between the ages of 4 and 11 will have the opportunity to join the WrestleMania Reading Challenge at WWEReadingSuperstar.com. Through this new partnership with the Pearson Foundation’s digital reading initiative, We Give Books, students will be able to read children’s books online, virtually connect with WWE Superstar Reading Buddies and enter to win a trip to WrestleMania 29 or a school visit from a WWE Superstar.
WWE and its Superstars will also host reading celebrations, visiting kids at local schools across the country, to spread the word about the importance of reading with children at an early age. The celebrations will include special visits from the We Give Books ReadMobile.
To support the Pearson Foundation’s mission, WWE will make a contribution to children on behalf of We Give Books to provide book grants to schools across the country. We Give Books is a major effort by the Penguin Group and the Pearson Foundation to equip families, classrooms and libraries with print and online books for children. Every time someone reads a children’s book online at wegivebooks.org, the Pearson Foundation donates a book to a child who needs it. WWE will also utilize all its assets, including TV broadcasts, live events, digital and social media to encourage children to read.
“Reading should be a fundamental part of growing up and sharing the love of reading and the power of giving is what We Give Books is all about,” said Pearson Foundation President and CEO Mark Nieker. “Through this important partnership with WWE, we hope to reach more children and their families with the message of reading, giving and sharing.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV