ROCHESTER, N.Y., Jan. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless invested more than $160 million in network enhancements across Upstate New York in 2012 to expand 4G LTE coverage and speed the deployment of other advanced technologies for its customers. This is the 12 th consecutive year the company has invested more than $100 million in the region. The company's network investment in Upstate New York now totals more than $1.6 billion since 2000. The rapid rollout of 4G LTE will continue in 2013 with 4G LTE technology scheduled to cover the company's entire nationwide footprint by the middle of the year.
"In the two years since we first launched 4G LTE in Upstate New York and across the country, the '4G LTE ecosystem' has expanded from a few smartphones and laptop modems to include dozens of smartphones, tablets, mobile hotspots, modems and machine-to-machine devices," said Chris Felix, president of the company's Upstate New York Region. "And more devices and applications that run on the 4G LTE network are being developed every day. Our continuing investment in 4G LTE technology and other enhancements to our local network will ensure our customers have the very best technology at their disposal when they use their wireless devices."
New 4G LTE markets added in 2012 included Binghamton, Corning, Elmira, Jamestown, Oneonta/ Cooperstown and the Chautauqua/ Allegany Counties areas. The company activated nearly 450 4G LTE sites in Upstate New York last year and will continue to expand and fill in coverage in 2013.
Verizon 4G LTE is available in all of Upstate New York's major markets as well as more than half of the company's coverage area across the region. The Verizon 4G LTE network is available to more than 273 million people across the U.S. – close to 89 percent of the U.S. population.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV