4. Fifth Third Bancorp
Shares of Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB) of Cincinnati closed at $16.39 Thursday, trading for 1.3 times tangible book value, and for 9.8 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of $1.68. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $1.63.
Based on a quarterly payout of 10 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.44%.
Fifth Third reported fourth-quarter net earnings available to common shareholders of $390 million, or 43 cents a share, increasing from $354 million, or 38 cents a share in the third quarter, and $305 million, or 33 cents a share, in the fourth quarter of 2011. The fourth-quarter results included a number of one-time items, and the company continued to increase its mortgage banking revenue.
The company's fourth-quarter ROA was 1.33%, improving from 1.23% in the third quarter and 1.08% in the fourth quarter of 2011. The return on tangible common equity during the fourth quarter was 14.1%, increasing from 12.8% the previous quarter and 11.9% a year earlier. Please see TheStreet's earnings coverage for more detail on Fifth Third's fourth-quarter results.O'Connor's price target for Fifth-Third's shares is $17, and he estimates the company will earn $1.70 a share in 2013, with EPS increasing slightly to $1.71 in 2014. The analyst said that "since reporting better than expected 4Q results/2013 outlook, the stock has outperformed the group by 500bps. However, FITB still trades at a 5-10% discount on our 2013-2015E, despite higher returns" than peers. FITB data by YCharts
Interested in more on Fifth Third Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV