SUNNYVALE, Calif., Jan. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Alpha and Omega Semiconductor Limited (AOS) (Nasdaq:AOSL), a designer, developer and global supplier of a broad range of power semiconductors and power ICs, today introduced the first of a new product line of Power Factor Correction (PFC) devices; the AOZ7111 is an active power factor correction controller which integrates a number of safety features and functions for the design of robust, efficient and cost-effective off-line power conversion solutions. The AOZ7111 is ideally suited for PFC applications that operate in critical conduction mode (CRM) such as switch mode power supplies (SMPS), LCD TVs, LED and ballast lighting, and AC-DC adapters.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=16855
Power Factor Correction is a vital part of increasing overall power grid efficiency and is thus mandated in an increasing range of power supply applications. The AOZ7111 is AOS value added entry in this emerging market which combines an AC input voltage fault detection function with an internal closed-loop soft-start to allow a well managed current ramp-up. This feature prevents large inrush currents during the system's startup and reset operations. The secondary OVP function also makes the system more robust and reliable. Additionally, the AOZ7111's zero current detection feature eliminates the need for an auxiliary winding to reduce system cost."We are pleased with the customer and market feedback on our new power factor correction solution. Our PFC control IC along with our high performance MOSFETs have been optimized to bring extra safety features and functions while continuing to focus on improved BOM cost for our customers. The added system benefits to our customers, makes our first PFC product to the market a strong contender." said Wayne Eng, Director of Product Marketing at AOS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV