- Organic sales increased three percent for the quarter, at the top end of the guidance range.
- Organic sales growth was broad-based, with all business segments increasing by two percent or more versus the prior year.
- Core net earnings per share increased by 12 percent to $1.22.
- Core gross margin increased 110 basis points due to the impact of higher pricing and manufacturing cost savings, partially offset by unfavorable geographic and product mix. Reported gross margin, including non-core restructuring charges, increased 80 basis points.
- Core and reported selling, general and administrative expenses (SG&A) as a percentage of net sales was unchanged, as enrollment reductions and productivity savings were offset by higher pension and employee benefit costs. Non-core charges in SG&A were in line with the prior year level.
- Core operating profit increased seven percent. Reported operating profit, including non-core charges, increased 68 percent.
- Operating cash flow was $3.8 billion for the quarter. The Company repurchased $1.4 billion of shares during the quarter and returned $1.6 billion of cash to shareholders as dividends.
P&G Delivers Second Quarter Core EPS Growth +12%, $1.22 Per Share; Raises Sales And Earnings Outlook For Fiscal Year
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.