CALGARY, Jan. 25, 2013 /CNW/ - Enerplus Corporation ("Enerplus") (TSX: ERF) (NYSE: ERF) announces that a cash dividend in the amount of CDN$0.09 per share will be payable on February 20, 2013 to all shareholders of record at the close of business on February 5, 2013. The ex-dividend date for this payment is February 1, 2013.
The CDN$0.09 per share dividend is equivalent to approximately US$0.09 per share if converted using the current Canadian/US dollar exchange rate of 0.9974. The U.S. dollar equivalent dividend will be based upon the actual Canadian/US exchange rate applied on the payment date and will be net of any Canadian withholding taxes that may be applicable.
The dividend paid by Enerplus is considered an "eligible dividend" for Canadian tax purposes. For U.S. income tax purposes, Enerplus' dividends are considered "qualified dividends".
Shareholders are reminded that the Stock Dividend Program ("SDP") is available to all shareholders. The benefits of the SDP include:
- Shareholders can elect to receive dividends paid in Enerplus shares at a 5% discount to an average market price;
- The SDP has certain attributes that make it more attractive than a traditional DRIP to most shareholders who hold their Enerplus shares in taxable accounts;
- No commissions or fees; and
- Optional participation in the SDP, allowing our shareholders to continue to receive cash dividends unless they elect to receive stock dividends.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts