It's an event where a slight glimpse of Janet Jackson's breast in 2004 led to a Federal Communications Commission clampdown on just about every aspect of broadcast television that even hinted at sexuality or naughty words. Still, when GoDaddy and its horrendous soft-core teaser ads for its Web hosting service are a Super Bowl staple, there has to be a chance, right?
Wrong. Like "you don't know America at all" wrong.After Janet and Justin Timberlake, America wasn't even allowed to look at a woman onstage during a halftime show until Fergie blended in with the robo-suited Black Eyed Peas in 2011. CBS just finished dealing with the legal repercussions of Jackson's flash last year, when the Supreme Court refused to hear an appeal of a lower court's 2011 decision to repeal an FCC fine against the network. Meanwhile, if well-clothed Danica Patrick and Jillian Michaels aren't enticing pubescent youth and lonely cubicle drones into checking out domain names and client costs with "see the rest" video ploys, sex isn't selling at the Super Bowl. Companies including Private Media Group (PRVT) and Rick's Cabaret (RICK) that actually have some adult material to sell have no prayer of getting an ad aired so long as companies such as adulterous dating site AshleyMadison.com have ads rejected just for featuring porn stars.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV