Strategy Analytics: Global Mobile Phone Shipments Reach 1.6 Billion Units In 2012
Other findings from the research include:
- ZTE captured 5 percent share of the global mobile phone market in 2012, as its shipments fell minus 8 percent from 2011, partly because of heightened competition in core markets like China and Western Europe from rivals such as Coolpad and Samsung.
Exhibit 1: Global Mobile Phone Vendor Shipments and Market Share in Q4 2012 1
|Global Mobile Phone Shipments (Millions of Units)||Q4 '11||2011||Q4 '12||2012|
|Global Mobile Phone Vendor Marketshare %||Q4 '11||2011||Q4 '12||2012|
|Total Growth Year-over-Year %||9.9%||13.7%||2.6%||1.9%|
1 Numbers are rounded. Total in the data-table does not include grey phone shipments.
The full report, Global Handset Shipments Grow 2 Percent in 2012, is published by the Strategy Analytics Wireless Device Strategies (WDS) service, details of which can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/ck93xsu.
About Strategy Analytics:
Strategy Analytics is a global, independent research and consulting firm. The company is headquartered in Boston, USA, with offices in the UK, France, Germany, Japan, South Korea, India and China. Visit
www.strategyanalytics.com for more information.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts