How to Gain Patience, Positivity and Confidence: Ask Noah
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Q: Unfortunately, some new work opportunities, which I expected to develop over this past year, haven't really transpired. My finances are suffering and I feel as if my entire future has become a gigantic question mark. I've never been one to feel overwhelmed, ever, but lately I feel stuck. How can I get myself to think differently about my situation?
A: First, stop trying to define your year. Although your anxieties about money are valid, you will not improve your situation by projecting future financial hardships.
Putting all your energy on this "uncertain future" is riling up that anxiety and keeping you stuck.
You can break this disappointing cycle by permitting yourself to accept the moment you're faced with and stop punishing yourself for whatever you feel is missing. Focus on what you do have and what you're capable of achieving.It's essential for you to do anything you can do to create confidence and positivity in your current condition. These traits are not an added bonus in gaining access to greater opportunities -- they're a necessity for your toolbox. Tips toward seeking patience, positivity and confidence in the present moment:
- Seek patience. There's always another new professional opportunity: Remaining calm and working in a step-by-step fashion is your best strategy.
Find positivity. Living in negativity affects everything that surrounds you. Like a toxin, negativity is radioactive; it touches everyone and everything around it.
Have confidence. Stop convincing yourself that you will not reach your goals. Your thoughts shape your reality.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV