Regarding the company's move into Brooklyn, Tietjen says "the area of Brooklyn that we are going into has a large concentration of professional firms, especially lawyers. We do have a fair amount of business with lawyers, accountants and other professional firms now. The CFO also expects the Universal Mortgage acquisition to give it an additional advantage because of the mortgage group's existing customer relationships. "They are going to be a source of deposits for us, even though their principal business is to originate and sell off mortgages."
Sterling Bancorp's shares rose over 2% on Thursday to close at $9.73.
-- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla.
>Contact by Email.Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV