Stockholders’ equity at December 31, 2012 increased to $759.6 million from $698.0 million at September 30, 2012, of which $32 million was due to the issuance of shares to complete the Western Liberty Bancorp acquisition. At December 31, 2012, tangible common equity was 7.8 percent of tangible assets 1 and total risk-based capital was 12.6 percent of risk-weighted assets.
Total assets increased to $7.62 billion at December 31, 2012 from $7.40 billion at September 30, 2012 and increased 11.4 percent from $6.84 billion at December 31, 2011.
Operating Unit Highlights
Bank of Nevada reported that loans increased by $122 million during the fourth quarter of 2012, and increased $324 million during the last 12 months to $2.18 billion at December 31, 2012. Deposits increased by $161 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 and $192 million over the last twelve months to $2.57 billion. This growth was mostly due to the acquisition of Service 1 st Bank of Nevada (former subsidiary of Western Liberty merged into Bank of Nevada). Net income for Bank of Nevada was $7.6 million for the fourth quarter 2012, compared with net income of $5.8 million for the third quarter of 2012 and net income of $1.2 million during the fourth quarter 2011.Western Alliance Bank (doing business as Alliance Bank of Arizona and First Independent Bank) reported loan growth of $166 million during the fourth quarter 2012 and $392 million during the last 12 months to $2.04 billion. Deposits increased $74 million in the fourth quarter and $347 million during the last 12 months to $2.22 billion. Net income for Western Alliance Bank was $10.4 million during the fourth quarter 2012 compared with net income of $8.8 million during the third quarter of 2012 and net income of $5.6 million during the fourth quarter 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV