NRCS California Accepting Applications For Tribal EQIP Initiative
Eligible tribal producers encouraged to apply before Feb. 15, 2013, deadline
DAVIS, Calif., Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) is accepting applications for the California Tribal Initiative, a partnership effort with Tribal Nations in California to help tribal farmers and ranchers put additional conservation on the ground.
This initiative is funded through the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) and is being made in two statewide and three landscape tribal resource priority areas. The funding provides financial and technical assistance to Tribes and tribal producers who voluntarily agree to NRCS guidelines to install approved conservation practices that address program priorities related to soil, water, air quality, domestic livestock, wildlife habitat, surface and groundwater conservation, energy conservation, and related natural resource concerns. Applications will be accepted through February 15, 2013.
The three landscape resource priorities are aimed at improving water quality, rangeland health, forest health, and reducing the threat of wildfire. The three priority areas are:
- Northern Coastal Tribes Forests and Rangeland in Del Norte, Humboldt, Trinity, Mendocino, Western Siskiyou, Lake and Sonoma counties.
- Intermountain and Central Sierra Tribal Forests and Rangeland in Amador, Butte, El Dorado, Modoc, Eastern Siskiyou, Western Shasta, Kings, Lassen, Placer, Plumas, Sierra, Madera, Fresno, Tulare and Tuolumne counties.
- South Coast and Desert Tribal Forests and Rangeland in Inyo, Mono, Imperial, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego counties.
- Statewide Tribal Poly-farms: assistance for small biologically diverse farms and medium-sized agricultural operations
- Native Plants Restoration: culturally important tribal plants for food and fiber.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV