The shares trade for 0.8 times their reported Dec. 31 tangible book value of $51.19, and for 9.3 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $4.60. The consensus 2014 EPS estimate is $5.19.
Citigroup's drastic fourth-quarter actions to reduce expenses through the reduction of 11,000 staff positions and the closing of 84 branches, underline Oppenheimer analyst Chris Kotowski's comments late on Wednesday that with credit stabilizing, large banks can now "focus on optimizing returns."
Interested in more on Citigroup? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV