Fourth-quarter net interest income included $17.5 million from the FDIC-covered loans that were repaid or charged off during the quarter. This compares with $18.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2011 and $22.2 million in the third quarter of 2012.
At December 31, 2012, City National's prime lending rate was 3.25 percent, unchanged from both December 31, 2011 and September 30, 2012.
|For the three months ended||For the three|
|December 31,||%||months ended||%|
|Dollars in millions||2012||2011||Change||September 30, 2012||Change|
|Average Loans and Leases,|
|excluding Covered Loans||$ 13,984.2||$ 12,213.4||14||$ 13,587.5||3|
|Average Covered Loans||1,089.9||1,554.2||(30)||1,207.0||(10)|
|Average Total Securities||9,652.7||7,641.5||26||8,631.4||12|
|Average Earning Assets||25,468.0||22,083.9||15||23,892.0||7|
|Average Core Deposits||22,781.3||19,781.8||15||21,208.5||7|
|Net Interest Income||209.1||206.0||1||214.8||(3)|
|Net Interest Margin||3.27%||3.70%||(12)||3.58%||(9)|
Loans and other real estate owned (OREO) assets acquired in City National's FDIC‑assisted bank acquisitions totaled $1.0 billion at the end of the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to $1.5 billion at December 31, 2011 and $1.2 billion at September 30, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV