The Company's estimated total risk-based capital ratio at December 31, 2012, was 18.4%, significantly exceeding the required minimum of 10% to be considered a well-capitalized institution. The ratio of tangible common equity to total tangible assets was 10.6% as of December 31, 2012.
Looking ahead, the Company intends to maintain its capital strength at the current level to support growth and its acquisition activities. Accordingly, future stock buybacks and future dividends will be premised largely on the Company's future earnings power rather than a return of capital to stockholders. As previously announced, it is not currently anticipated that any quarterly dividends will be paid in 2013, but that regular quarterly dividends will be reinstated in 2014.
Fourth Quarter 2012 Results of Operations
Highlights of the Company's results for the fourth quarter of 2012 include:
- Net income of $2.4 million or $0.31 per diluted share, up 80% from net income of $1.4 million or $0.17 per diluted share for the fourth quarter of 2011 and up 22% from $2.0 million or $0.25 per diluted share for the third quarter of 2012;
- Excluding special items for each quarter, net income was $1.2 million or $0.16 per diluted share for the fourth quarter of 2012 versus net income of $1.0 million or $0.13 per diluted share for the year-earlier quarter and $1.5 million or $0.19 per diluted share for the third quarter of 2012 (see reconciliation of non-GAAP items);
- Loan growth, excluding loans acquired through FDIC-assisted acquisitions, of $151.3 million or 35% for 2012 and $43.8 million or 8% on a linked-quarter basis;
- A decrease in loans acquired through FDIC-assisted acquisitions of $41.9 million or 33% for 2012 and a decrease of $8.8 million or 9% on a linked-quarter basis;
- A slight increase in provision for loan losses, excluding FDIC-acquired loans, of $5,000 to $600,000 for the fourth quarter of 2012 compared with $595,000 for the same quarter for 2011 and a decrease of $150,000 compared with $750,000 for the third quarter of 2012;
- Provision for loan losses for the fourth quarter of 2012 of $1.9 million for FDIC-acquired loans with approximately 80% of the losses reimbursable by the FDIC compared with no provision expense on such loans for the fourth quarter of 2011 and $1.2 million for the third quarter of 2012; and
- Annualized net charge-offs of 0.05% for the fourth quarter of 2012 were in line with the 0.04% experienced for the fourth quarter of 2011 and represented a significant decline from 0.24% for the third quarter of 2012.
- Improved net interest income of $5.3 million; offset by
- Reduced non-interest income of $300,000;
- Increased non-interest expense of $1.6 million; and
- Increased provision expense for FDIC-acquired loan losses of $1.9 million, with approximately 80% of the losses reimbursable by the FDIC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV