ScanSource, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCSC), the leading international value-added distributor of specialty technology products, today announced complete financial results for its second quarter ended December 31, 2012.
|Quarter ended December 31, 2012:|
|Net sales||$747.7 million|
|GAAP net income||$16.4 million|
|Adjusted net income (1)||$17.8 million|
|GAAP diluted EPS||$0.59 per share|
|Adjusted diluted EPS (1)||$0.64 per share|
(1) A reconciliation of non-GAAP financial information to GAAP financial information is presented
in the following Supplementary Information table.
“Our sales teams delivered results within our planned range, including record quarterly sales for POS & Barcode and Security products worldwide,” said Mike Baur, CEO, ScanSource, Inc. “In addition, our North America Communications team achieved record sales results for the quarter.”
For the quarter ended December 31, 2012, net sales decreased 4.5% to $747.7 million, compared with $782.7 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2011. Excluding the translation impact of foreign currencies, net sales decreased 3.1% year-over-year. Operating income decreased to $24.4 million from $32.1 million in the comparable prior year quarter. The effective tax rate decreased to 34.0% in the current quarter from 34.7% in the prior year quarter. Net income for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 was $16.4 million, or $0.59 per diluted share, compared with net income of $21.4 million, or $0.77 per diluted share, for the prior year quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV