Iteris, Inc. (NYSE MKT: ITI), a leader in providing intelligent traffic management information solutions, reported financial results for its fiscal third quarter ended December 31, 2012. Total revenues for the fiscal third quarter decreased 6% to $14.0 million compared to $14.9 million in the same year-ago quarter. Net income in the fiscal third quarter was $1.1 million or $0.03 per share, compared to $747,000 or $0.02 per share in the year-ago quarter. Loss from continuing operations was $294,000 or $(0.01) per share in the fiscal third quarter, compared to income from continuing operations of $618,000 or $0.02 per share in the year-ago quarter.
Fiscal Q3 2013 Highlights
- Selected to provide on-call services for two five-year Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) contracts valued at up to $67.6 million and $12.6 million, respectively.
- Recorded a $1.4 million after-tax gain as a result of deferred payments and earn-outs from the sale of the Vehicle Sensors segment. Gross proceeds of $1.8 million were collected, bringing the company’s cash position to $19.7 million as of December 31, 2012.
- Total backlog was $38.0 million which included Transportation Systems backlog of $31.5 million, iPerform backlog of $3.3 million, and Roadway Sensors backlog of $3.2 million. This compares to total backlog of $32.9 million in the same year-ago quarter and $41.2 million in the previous quarter.
- Signed $4.9 million in new Transportation Systems contracts, bringing total backlog to $31.5 million compared to $29.7 million in the same year-ago quarter.
Fiscal Q3 2013 Financial Results
The decrease in revenues, as noted above, in the fiscal third quarter was primarily due to a 23% decline in Roadway Sensors net sales as a result of delays in customer orders and the effects of Hurricane Sandy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV