“While we often see some seasonality for increased churn in the December quarter due to the end of the tax year, business customer churn was at its lowest quarterly levels ever at 1.6%. Revenue churn, which generally lags customer churn, did increase during the third fiscal quarter due primarily to specific issues with a handful of customers unrelated to 8x8 service,” continued Martin. “Overall, our revenue and customer growth continues to vastly outpace our churn, and, as evident in our operating metrics, we continue to see expanding growth opportunities with both new and current customers as they take on additional services.”
Nine Months Year to Date Fiscal 2013 Financial Highlights:
- Total revenue for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, increased 28% year over year to $79 million from $62 million in the same period of fiscal 2012.
- GAAP net income for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, was $12.3 million, or $0.16 per diluted share, compared with $5.4 million, or $0.08 per diluted share, for the same period last year.
- Non-GAAP net income (as outlined in the reconciliation table below) for the nine months ended December 31, 2012, was $10.9 million, or $0.15 per diluted share, compared with $7.3 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, for the same period last year.
Management will host a conference call to discuss these results and other matters related to the Company’s business today, January 24, 2013, at 4:30 p.m. EDT. The call is accessible via the following numbers and webcast links:
|Dial In:||(877) 843-0417, domestic|
|(408) 427-3791, international|
|Replay:||(855) 859-2056, domestic (Conference ID #85539163)|
|(404) 537-3406, international (Conference ID #85539163)|
Supplemental financial slides will be presented through 8x8’s Virtual Meeting web conferencing portal, which can be accessed at: http://virtualmeeting.8x8.com/Q3FY2013Earnings.Non-GAAP Measures We have provided in this release financial information that has not been prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). We use these non-GAAP financial measures internally in analyzing our financial results and believe they are useful to investors, as a supplement to GAAP measures, in evaluating our ongoing operational performance. We believe that the use of these non-GAAP financial measures provides an additional tool for investors to use in evaluating our ongoing operating results and trends and in comparing our financial results with other companies in our industry, many of which present similar non-GAAP financial measures to investors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV