- Total consolidated revenue grew to a record $292.9 million for the quarter, an increase of 11.2%, or $29.5 million, compared to the prior-year period. On a constant currency basis, total consolidated revenue increased 9.1%.
- Total unsecured consumer lending revenue increased to $189.5 million for the quarter, representing an increase of $26.0 million, or 16.3%, on a constant currency basis compared to the prior-year period. Revenue from internet-based loans grew to $78.2 million for the quarter, representing an increase of $15.0 million, or 24.2%, on a constant currency basis compared to the prior-year period.
- Total revenue from pawn lending increased to $21.7 million for the three months ended December 31, 2012, representing an increase of 5.2% on a constant currency basis compared to the prior-year period.
- Consolidated adjusted EBITDA was $77.2 million for the three months ended December 31, 2012, representing an increase of $2.6 million, or 3.5%, compared to the prior-year period. The total includes significant expenditures incurred during fiscal year 2013 to support future period expansion and growth, as well as additional operating expenses related to a large number of recently opened de novo stores in the United Kingdom. On a constant currency basis, consolidated adjusted EBITDA increased by $0.8 million, or 1.1%, compared to the prior-year period.
- Diluted operating earnings per share was $0.56 for the fiscal 2013 second quarter, an increase of 7.7% compared to $0.52 for the prior-year period.
- Company narrows its fiscal 2013 diluted operating earnings guidance to between $2.35 to $2.45 per share from the Company’s previous estimate of $2.35 to $2.55 per share.
- The Company repurchased 1.6 million shares of its common stock at an average share price of $16.89 during the three months ended December 31, 2012.
DFC Global Corp. Announces Fiscal Second Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.