LAS VEGAS, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A leading showcase for the most powerful corporate social responsibility and green campaigns has named MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) a finalist for its annual awards program in the category of Overall Leader in CSR Practices – more than 10,000 employees.
MGM Resorts is the only company in the gaming industry and the only company headquartered in Nevada to be named a finalist for PR News' CSR Awards. Other finalists in its award category include Coca-Cola Enterprises, Disney and UPS. The winner will be named at the National Press Club in Washington, DC on February 11, 2013.
"We count it a true honor to be named a finalist for this PR News' CSR Award and recognized among other great leaders in corporate social responsibility," said Jim Murren, Chairman and CEO of MGM Resorts International. "We earnestly believe that the health of our company is directly linked to the welfare of the communities in which we operate and so, as Nevada's largest private employer, we make it a business imperative to be a leader in all forms of corporate social responsibility."
Finalists for the PR News' CSR Awards were chosen by an expert panel that evaluated entries submitted by organizations participating in the award competition. The judging criterion included: creativity, innovation, sound planning, implementation and outcomes. Furthermore, organizations were judged according to the alignment of their strategic objectives with their end goals and proven success.Since the company's founding, MGM Resorts has shown a powerful commitment to the fundamental principle of social responsibility. The three major initiatives comprising MGM Resorts' social responsibility efforts are: Diversity & Inclusion, Philanthropy & Community Engagement, and Environmental Sustainability. Program highlights include:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV