Dollar Mixed After Drop In Unemployment Claims
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ The dollar is mixed against other currencies after the number of Americans seeking unemployment aid fell last week to the lowest level in five years.
The Labor Department says that weekly unemployment benefit applications dropped 5,000 to 330,000. That's the lowest since January 2008.
The euro rose to $1.3371 in late trading Thursday from $1.3321 late Wednesday.
The British pound fell to $1.5790 from $1.5843.The dollar rose to 89.96 Japanese yen from 88.66 Japanese yen and to 1.0030 Canadian dollar from 99.93 Canadian cents. The dollar fell to 0.9283 Swiss franc from 0.9296 Swiss franc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV