Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In celebration of independent filmmaking and creativity embodied in the Sundance Film Festival, third-time presenting auto sponsor, Acura, launched "The Acura Studio Master Class Series," with lectures and panels featuring industry insiders, presenting filmmakers, writers and stars. The classes and panels took place over a five-day period, addressing full rooms at the innovative Acura Studio on Main Street.
Panels and classes covered a wide range of themes, including music, sound and audio selection; action, car chases and driving in films; directing and writing for the screen with the 2013 Sundance Film Festival premiering filmmakers and writers; and emerging women in film with this year's writers, producers and stars.
"Sundance is a great opportunity for film lovers to become immersed in the Acura brand experience, while celebrating the achievements of visionary filmmakers and independent film," said
, Manager of Acura Advertising and Brand. "We're thrilled that Sundance attendees had the opportunity to interact with and learn from the esteemed collection of master classes at the Acura Studio."
Overview of Panels:
Cue Car Chase
Audio Production for Music and Film
- Mike Majesky – Pursuit Systems
Writing and Directing for the Screen
- Seven-time GRAMMY winner Elliot Scheiner
- Moderated by Jason Bentley, Music Director for LA public radio station KCRW
KCRW on Music Selection
- Naomi Foner – Director/Screenwriter: Very Good Girls
- Roger Ross Williams – Director/Screenwriter: God Loves Uganda
- Andrew Renzi – Director/Screenwriter: Karaoke!
- Stu Zicherman – Director/Screenwriter: ACOD
- Jordan Vogt-Roberts and Chris Galletta – Director/Screenwriters: Toy House
- Logan and Noah Miller – Directors and Screenwriters: Sweetwater
- Moderated by Stephanie Allain, Director of Los Angeles Film Festival
Emerging Women in Independent Film
- KCRW DJs Dan Wilcox and Chris Douridas
- Moderated by Billboard Magazine's Phil Gallo
- Gina Piersanti – Star – It Felt Like Love
- Eliza Hittman – Director/Writer – It Felt Like Love
- Mariko Munro – Co-Director/Co-Producer – Milkshake
- Moderate by KCRW DJ, Chris Douridas
In addition to "The Acura Master Class Series," the Main Street location also featured vehicle displays of the high performance NSX Concept and the 2014 RLX, Acura's all-new luxury flagship sedan. Passersby could also enjoy the complimentary barista bar and participate in daily movie screening ticket giveaways.