BCSC Releases 2012 Mining Report
VANCOUVER, Jan. 24, 2013 /CNW/ - The British Columbia Securities Commission has released a 2012 Mining Report that discusses the most common findings of regulatory reviews and outlines areas where market participants can improve their disclosure.
The report is the first of its kind for BCSC. It provides an overview of the types of mining disclosure reviews undertaken by the BCSC, and summarizes the main findings from those reviews over the past several years.
The BCSC is Canada's leading junior mining regulator. The BCSC and other Canadian regulators introduced 43-101 (the mining rule) in 2001 to provide a transparent and credible reporting regime. Today, B.C. is considered the junior mining capital of the world.
"High quality mining disclosure is critical to maintaining British Columbia's position as an international leader in mineral exploration," said Peter Brady, Director of Corporate Finance for the BCSC. "By avoiding common pitfalls identified in the report, issuers may be able to avoid costly and time-consuming mining disclosure reviews, which is critical at a time when mining company resources are under strain."The B.C. Securities Commission is the independent provincial government agency responsible for regulating trading in securities within the province. For media inquiries, contact Richard Gilhooley, media relations, 604-899-6713. For public inquiries, call 604-899-6854 or 1-800-373-6393 (toll free). Learn how to protect yourself and become a more informed investor at www.investright.org SOURCE British Columbia Securities Commission
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV