Ky.: Jobless Rate Down In 97 Counties, Up In 21
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) â¿¿ The Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet says jobless rates are down in 97 counties, up in 21 and didn't change in two.
The agency said in a statement on Thursday that the rates compare December 2012 to December 2011.
Woodford County had the lowest unemployment in the state with 5.4 percent. Two other counties â¿¿ Fayette and Union â¿¿ also had rates under 6 percent.
Magoffin County had the highest unemployment rate in the state with 16.9 percent. It was followed by Fulton County with 15. 8 percent, Leslie County with 14.6 percent and Letcher County with 14 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV