News Summary: Measure Of Future Growth Up
By The Associated Press
ECONOMY IMPROVES: The Conference Board's index of leading indicators increased in December from November 0.5 percent, suggesting economic growth may strengthen in early 2013.
SOURCES OF STRENGTH: Five of the index's 10 components showed improvement, led by a decline in applications for unemployment benefits, gains on Wall Street and an increase in applications for building permits.
OUTLOOK: The gauge is designed to anticipate economic conditions three to six months out. Economists said the December increase points to strength ahead, although they say orders to U.S. factories must improve for the momentum to be sustained.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV