Another under-$10 stock that's trending within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN), which is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing products for the treatment of central nervous system, or CNS, diseases. This stock has been destroyed by the sellers during the last six months, with shares off by 39%.
If you take a look at the chart for Supernus Pharmaceuticals, you'll notice that this stock has been trending range-bound for the last two months, after gapping down from $11 a share in early December. That range-bound action has shares of SUPN moving between $6.75 on the downside and just below $8 a share on the upside. This stock has also started to trend higher off that low of $6.75 a share and it's quickly moving within range of breaking out above the upper end of its recent sideways trading pattern.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV