One under-$10 stock that's trending very close to triggering a major breakout trade is Rubicon Technology (RBCN), which manufactures synthetic electronic materials for opto-electronic, semiconductor fabrication, telecommunications and optical and laser applications. This stock has been hit hard by the bears during the last six months, with shares down by 30%.
If you take a look at the chart for Rubicon Technology, you'll notice that this stock has been trending range bound for the last three months, with shares moving between $5.82 on the downside and $6.98 on the upside. Shares of RBCN have just started to move back above its 50-day moving average of $6.40 a share and it's quickly moving within range of triggering a breakout trade above the upper-end of its recent sideways trading pattern.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV