Constellation today announced the completion of an aggregate 5.7-megawatt (DC) solar generation project for Portland General Electric (PGE) in Lake County, Oregon. Constellation financed as well as owns and operates the solar power system. In return, PGE purchases and receives all of the electricity generated by the solar panels at a fixed rate from Constellation under a 25-year solar power purchase agreement (PPA).
“Portland General Electric is working hard to diversify its portfolio of renewable generating resources while maintaining a reliable supply of power for its customers,” said Jim Lobdell, PGE’s vice president for power operations and resource strategy. “The project marks a significant addition to that effort, and will help us serve homes and businesses in our service area for years to come.”
“Constellation congratulates Portland General Electric for its commitment to renewable energy,” said Michael D. Smith, vice president of solar and energy efficiency sales for Constellation. “This project is a great example of the success of public and private partnerships in boosting the development of renewable generation.”
The project was supported in part through a grant from the Energy Trust of Oregon and a business energy tax credit from the Oregon Department of Energy. Through its PPA with Constellation, PGE did not have to commit upfront capital to build the project and retains the environmental attributes of the project to meet the state of Oregon’s renewable portfolio standard requirements.The solar project was co-developed by Obsidian Finance Group and Smart Energy Capital. Belectric, Inc., provided engineering, procurement, construction services and construction financing before Constellation acquired the project. Approximately 75 people were employed during construction. Belectric, Inc., will also provide operations and maintenance services for the project.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV