HELENA, Montana, Jan. 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Eagle Bancorp Montana, Inc. (Nasdaq:EBMT), (the "Company," "Eagle"), the holding company of American Federal Savings Bank, today reported it lost $40,000, or $0.01 per diluted share, in the second fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2012, compared to net income of $487,000, or $0.12 per diluted share, in the second quarter a year ago. In the first quarter ended September 30, 2012 Eagle earned $422,000, or $0.11 per diluted share. In the first six months of fiscal year 2013 Eagle earned $382,000, or $0.10 per diluted share, compared to $915,000, or $0.23 per diluted share, in the first six months of fiscal year 2012.
- Eagle Bancorp completed its acquisition of seven banking locations from Sterling Savings Bank at the end of November.
- Eagle's revenues (net interest income before the provision for loan losses, plus non-interest income) increased 14% to $4.83 million, compared to $4.23 million in the preceding quarter. In the second quarter a year ago, Eagle's revenues were $3.91 million.
- Nonperforming assets improved to $2.7 million, or 0.53% of total assets at December 31, 2012, compared to $4.2 million, or 1.32% of total assets three months earlier and $5.6 million, or 1.69% of total assets a year ago.
- Nonperforming loans declined to $1.5 million, or 0.70% of total loans at December 31, 2012 compared to $2.3 million, or 1.36% of total loans three months earlier and $3.6 million, or 1.95% of total loans a year ago.
- Total loans increased 17% to $215.8 million at December 31, 2012 compared to $184.0 million a year earlier.
- Total deposits increased 93% to $414.7 million at December 31, 2012 compared to $215.2 million a year ago.
- Capital ratios remain strong with a Tier 1 leverage ratio of 9.90%.
- Declared regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.07125 per share.