ATLANTA, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) SkyMiles members may bid miles for a variety of unique event opportunities and exciting once-in-a-lifetime packages through the SkyMiles online auction. As a result of its popularity, the auction has moved from a quarterly event to an ongoing program, enabling customers to participate year-round.
There are several items currently available through the SkyMiles online auction such as:
- Tickets to the big game in New Orleans, including the opportunity to meet Hall of Fame player and football broadcaster Shannon Sharpe and a $250 Delta travel voucher
- The chance to join Habitat for Humanity and Delta's Force for Global Good to build homes for low-income families in Puebla, Mexico and learn more about the area's culture
- Passes to the 55 th Annual GRAMMY ® Awards show and the official after-party in Los Angeles
- The opportunity to walk the red carpet in Los Angeles at the world premiere of Disney's " Oz The Great and Powerful"
- Suite tickets, pit passes and a photo with the winning driver at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Auto Club 400 in Los Angeles
"We are always looking for ways to reward our members and it just makes sense to utilize some of the very special partnerships Delta has around the world as a way to say 'thanks for your business,'" said Jeff Robertson, vice president – SkyMiles. "By providing several ways for our customers to redeem miles, we put the power in their hands and they can choose what is best for them, whether it's redeeming for a family vacation, a spontaneous weekend getaway or a meet-and-greet with a ball player."The SkyMiles online auction launched in 2007. The largest-ever bid was 483,105 miles for the 2011 Delta Habitat for Humanity Build in China.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV