Barbara Bush To Lead Reading Discovery Program At Bush Library And Museum
COLLEGE STATION, Texas, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Former First Lady Barbara Bush will read excerpts from a book and answer students' questions at the Reading Discovery Distance Learning Program and Videoconference on Feb. 7 from 10-11:15 a.m. CST at the George Bush Presidential Library Center at Texas A&M University. The 2013 theme is the history of Washington, D.C., and the National Mall.
Mrs. Bush will read from award-winning author Lynn Curlee's book "Capital" and share some of her memories of Washington, D.C., during the question and answer session. Joining Mrs. Bush on stage will be the 10th Archivist of the United States David Ferrerio of the National Archives and Records Administration. The Archivist will talk about the importance of reading and the work of archivists.
The program's national sponsor is AT&T and the local sponsor is the Junior League of Bryan-College Station. The program is presented in partnership with the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy, Polycom and Read Around the Planet.Bush Library and Museum Director of Education Dr. Shirley Hammond said this is the sixth consecutive year for the Reading Discovery Program. "We are directly engaging students with Mrs. Bush across America and worldwide through the excellent Texas distance learning connections," Hammond said. "It is exciting to share the joy of reading and impact so many lives in this way!" According to Hammond, the annual Reading Discovery Program with Mrs. Bush is the most popular education program offered with more than 35,000 registered participants expected this year. The program is designed for students in grades 3-8. The book supply of "Capital" is limited based on registration date and availability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV