MobileKids App Provides Snapshot Of Child's Mobile Phone Use
PALO ALTO, Calif., Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile personal safety product developer Bipper's newest app for iPhone and Android devices, MobileKids, enables parents to monitor activity and set limits on a child's mobile phone use without eavesdropping on private conversations or combing through text messages. The app includes filters to block inappropriate downloads and contacts and GPS-tracking capabilities, features accessible from the parent's phone that aim to alleviate worries about a child's safety.
The mobile app, downloaded and installed on both the parent's and child's mobile phones, reports new downloads and contacts and compiles daily and weekly reports on when and how frequently the child uses the mobile phone. A child knows when the app is installed and can view settings established by parents.
Customizable features on the MobileKids app include the following:
- App Controls that show apps downloaded and used by the child and allow parents to block unsuitable ones
- Contact Controls that display the child's new phone contacts and enable parents to permit or block selected phone numbers
- Time Controls that let parents set restrictions for the child's mobile phone use such as during nighttime or study time
- Usage Controls that help parents manage phone bill costs by placing consumption limits on minutes, texts, Wi-Fi, Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) and other data
- Safety Alarm, a GPS-powered package that includes a one-click SOS button and guardian alert children can activate when they feel lost or unsafe and real-time tracking capabilities that allow parents to immediately locate their child according to schedule or need
MobileKids is the latest mobile product offering for Bipper, whose bSafe mobile personal safety alarm for adults and children was one of the top three iPhone app downloads in Norway prior to its U.S. debut. Entrepreneur and mother Silje Vallestad launched the company in partnership with European phone carriers to offer custom mobile solutions that addressed her concerns as a parent of children eager to own smartphones."Our mobile solutions provide parents with a greater degree of assurance about a child's safety while using mobile phones," Vallestad said. "We aim to help parents define limits for a mobile generation much like parents did in previous generations when the only phone in the household was a landline attached to a wall."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV