Beginning today, patrons of Sno-Isle libraries will have a simple, streamlined option for checking out and reading eBooks, thanks to the 3M Cloud Library eBook Lending Service and the Polaris Integrated Library System (ILS). The service combines digital content, in-library hardware, and apps for borrowing and reading eBooks, all within the library’s own online catalog, creating an unrivaled patron experience.
“This system makes it very easy for readers to browse our eBook collection, check out items, and read them on a wide variety of devices,” said Kendra Trachta, Deputy Director of Sno-Isle Libraries. “It is important to us that our eBook collection is appealing to readers of all ages and technology skill levels, and the 3M Cloud Library integrated into our catalog makes it simple for anyone to get started.”
The new system has several flexible features that give patrons choices for browsing and reading:
- Mobile device compatibility: The 3M Cloud Library app is available for download from the iTunes Store, Google Play and the NOOK Apps Storefront, and its eBooks are compatible with PCs, Macs, iPads, iPhones, iPod Touch, NOOK Tablets, Android devices, smartphones and Kobo, Sony and NOOK eReaders. Using these devices, patrons can browse, check out and read eBooks all without leaving the 3M Cloud Library app. To begin reading, patrons simply download the app, enter their library card number and select the titles of their choice from their library’s catalog.
- 3M Discovery Terminals: Patrons at the library can browse the catalog on these electronic kiosks with an intuitive touch-based interface.
The technology behind the 3M Cloud Library and its integration with Polaris is designed to give libraries maximum flexibility. Sno-Isle patrons will experience the benefits of the integration with Polaris when they can browse both print and digital items in the library’s collection from the same catalog—a feature not offered by all eBook systems. With this capability, readers can browse the collection, check out and place holds on eBooks without ever leaving their familiar library catalog. eBook hold notifications will come directly from the catalog, using the notification preferences patrons have already selected. Librarians will also experience the time-saving benefits of receiving cataloging records in real time, without having to manually import MARC files, and their circulation reports will reflect the digital circulation as well as their print circulation.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts