MAUMEE, Ohio, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Technologies from Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) are improving the performance and efficiency of a number of award-winning vehicles.
A wide range of Dana's innovative driveline, sealing, and thermal-management solutions are incorporated into the award-winning vehicles and engines, including the 2013 North American Car and Truck of the Year, six of this year's Ward's 10 Best Engines, and the 2013 Green Car of the Year.
The products on these top engines and vehicles help to improve durability and performance, reduce emissions and oil consumption, decrease part count and weight, and enhance installation flexibility.
"Dana is working feverishly to deliver market-driven technologies that help automakers reach aggressive goals related to fuel efficiency and vehicle performance," said Roger Wood, Dana president and chief executive officer. "The fact that Dana's innovations are found in so many award-winning engines and drivelines is a testament to our people around the globe who design and manufacture these products for the world's top automakers."This year's North American Truck of the Year, the 2013 Ram 1500, features a Spicer ® rear driveshaft on all models, as well as cam covers, exhaust gaskets, and active warm up units on some models. The Cadillac ATS, which is the 2013 North America Car of the year, includes a variety of Dana technologies, such as cylinder-head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, cam cover gaskets, valve stem seals, thermal-acoustical protective shielding (TAPS), and engine oil coolers, depending on engine variations. In addition to these award-winning vehicles, Dana supplies the following engine technologies for the 2013 Ward's 10 Best Engines:
- Audi 3.0L TFSI Supercharged DOHC V-6 – cylinder-head gaskets and secondary gaskets
- BMW 2.0L N20 Turbocharged DOHC I-4 – secondary gaskets
- GM 2.0L Turbocharged I-4 – cylinder-head gaskets, engine oil coolers, and valve stem seals
- Chrysler 3.6L DOHC Pentastar V-6 – exhaust gaskets and TAPS
- Ford 2.0L EcoBoost DOHC I-4 – cylinder-head gaskets, exhaust manifold gaskets, and down stream exhaust gaskets
- Honda 3.5L SOHC V-6 – cam covers