It Pays To Save! Bank Cash Incentives Shoot Up In 2012
Susan Wolfe believes banks are seeking to attract more affluent customers by offering cash incentives for high saving deposits. Those same customers might be searching for a safer alternative to the stock market, needing immediate liquidity, or looking for some of the additional customer benefits gained by expanding the relationship with the bank. This makes the savings account a desirable product.
"To compete with the higher interest rates offered by online banks, traditional banks need to market savings accounts as a way to expand the relationship, and they need to focus on the additional value-added benefits and services the bank can provide. Conversely, online banks should continue to focus on the higher interest rates they can provide, since they have a distinct advantage here," Susan Wolfe concludes.
Mintel is a leading global supplier of consumer, product and media intelligence. For 40 years, Mintel has provided insight into key worldwide trends, offering exclusive data and analysis that directly impacts client success. With offices in Chicago, New York, London, Sydney, Shanghai, Tokyo, and now Mumbai, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, Mintel has forged a unique reputation as a world-renowned business brand. For more information on Mintel, please visit www.mintel.com.SOURCE Mintel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV