Global Retail Branding And Sourcing Expert Daymon Worldwide Releases 2013 And Beyond Global Retail Trend Predictions
8. Chef In The Kitchen – Retailers will secure consumer loyalty by making culinary adventures and chef-inspired eating occasions more accessible than ever.
As convenience and grocery stores increasingly compete with the rapidly changing foodservice segment, retailers will look for ways outside of discounts and purchase promotions to lure consumers inside their stores by making shopping trips more of a treat than a chore. Local chef-inspired, ready-to-assemble or prepared meals, plus in-store cooking classes, exclusive recipe tastings and relaxing cafes can do the trick.
9. Meatless meals – Due to rising food costs, Americans may be particularly interested in learning about alternate protein sources that are less expensive and more environmentally friendly than traditional sources like meat and poultry.
More health-minded, cost-conscious consumers will consider safe, ecologically-friendly sources of protein beyond the reaches of most of our imaginations. Remember when sushi was only for the truly adventurous? In the future, perhaps bug and bean-sourced proteins will be more widely accepted alternatives to meat.10. Participatory Eating Culture – As we evolve into an eating culture versus a cooking culture, shopping and consumption will become democratized and consumers will crave more culturally authentic, inspirational and fresh, local offerings, which will dominate larger sections of grocery stores, restaurants and convenience shops. Retailers can help consumers rethink their eating habits by providing fresh, healthier snacking options geared to replace rather than supplement meals. Family gathering around the dinner table will be reconsidered to identify more realistic, occasion-based time-slots for busy families still interested in reaping the benefits of sharing meals. 11. Curate or Die – In response to increasing e-commerce competition, brick and mortar operations will implement smaller stores and broader formats to service consumers craving more personal attention. Increased sales and success for Internet retailers like Amazon.com, matched with the cost-efficiencies enjoyed by discount and big box retailers, will force smaller retailers to leverage their physical advantages and provide more products, more solutions and more service to a greater demographic of potential customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV