Global Retail Branding And Sourcing Expert Daymon Worldwide Releases 2013 And Beyond Global Retail Trend Predictions
4. "Un-Manned" Marketplace – A growing number of retailers will leverage new technology that enables consumers to make purchases anytime, anywhere and to sell more of their goods without the aid of paid employees.
Beauty product kiosks with automatic payment options, mobile scanner-enabled grocery shopping and 24-hour C-stores with vending machine product offerings are just a few examples of consumer empowerment to make even more convenient purchase decisions.
5. Backyard is Better – Despite increased social media use, consumers still desire more personal ties to their local communities and shopping experiences.
Retailers and restaurants looking to drive loyalty will provide opportunities for their consumers to support neighborhood businesses, farmers and organizations. Store parking lots will take center stage as a venue for engagement, helping retailers to increase and encourage future sales and visits.6. New Retail Currency– New technologies will eliminate the need for using cash and credit cards to pay for goods and services. Instead, consumer-controlled payment methods, such as the swipe of a loyalty card or mobile phone scan, will make the process more convenient, quick and cost-efficient for both businesses and shoppers. By implementing these new payment options, retailers, in particular, can reap the benefits of bypassing hefty bank-imposed transaction fees. 7. Be-Cause – Consumer desire for more ecological, waste-free products and services at affordable prices, matched with retailer focus on consumer engagement, will drive the development of more socially responsible concepts, service models and innovations. Consumers will be invited to customize or create their own greener products and services, from recipes for home-brewed versions of their favorite beers to supporting local rooftop gardens. Overall concern for the environment will also fuel the popularity of recyclable packaging and in-store "refill" shopping options.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts