Today, ConAgra Foods, Omaha, Neb., is voluntarily initiating a product recall for specific lots of its 8 ounce Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce (regular variety) and Hunt’s Tomato Sauce No Salt Added that were packaged in cans containing a defect in the inner lining. Although there is no food safety concern associated with the product, the can defect may cause the can to swell and the product to spurt out when opened. ConAgra Foods is advising consumers who have purchased either of these products from the Best By dates shown below to call 866-511-7752 to ask any questions, or to arrange for a replacement.
The product was shipped to U.S. retail food stores and distributors in Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. ConAgra Foods is working with retail customers and distributors to ensure these cans are removed from store shelves.
This recall is limited only to 8-ounce cans of Hunt’s Tomato Sauce (regular variety) and Hunt’s Tomato Sauce No Salt Added bearing the following Best By dates. No other Hunt’s products are impacted. Hunt’s Tomato Sauce (regular variety) and Hunt’s Tomato Sauce No Salt Added are packaged in 8 ounce cans with a Hunt’s graphic logo on the front of the can. Consumers can find the Best By date by looking at either the top or bottom of the can.
Hunt’s Tomato Sauce (8-ounce cans):JUL 23 2014JUL 24 2014AUG 29 2014AUG 30 2014OCT 08 2014Hunt’s Tomato Sauce No Salt Added (8-ounce cans):JUL 23 2014AUG 29 2014OCT 07 2014OCT 08 2014
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV