The January 16 “ Industrial Processing” online trade show and event hosted by GlobalSpec, recently acquired by IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), drew more than 1,300 participants, with 78 percent of attendees reporting they are decision makers within their organizations. The free online event is now available on demand to give engineers and industrial professionals easy access to educational presentations and industry-leading supplier resources from the live-day event.
GlobalSpec’s “Industrial Processing” event provided opportunities to meet with leading manufacturers; listen to industry experts eager to share their solutions for keeping facilities and operations running safely, smoothly, and efficiently; and learn of the latest trends, technologies, and innovations across key industrial processing technology areas including: fluid/gas handling equipment; thermal processing; solids handling; plus filtration, separation, and recycling. Attendees were able to network with their peers and suppliers, participate in key educational sessions and gain the knowledge needed to help their companies remain competitive in today's marketplace.
Industrial professionals were able to take advantage of these learning and networking opportunities from the convenience of their desktops, without having to budget for travel expenses or lose time away from the office.
“Once again the Industrial Processing show kicked off what will be another exciting year for online events at GlobalSpec,” said Donna Lewis, director of e-publishing & e-events for GlobalSpec. “Throughout the year, we will connect manufacturers with the decision makers in their industries and deliver high quality educational sessions for the engineering and manufacturing communities.”Speakers and topics at the event included:
- Commercial and Industrial Insulation/Safety and SustainabilityCommercial and industrial insulation can be a productive and safe asset. The choices for insulation selection are many and varied, relative to safety and sustainability. This presentation detailed the proper choices, their root reasons, and the long term impact to facility owners. Presented by Steve Oslica, director of marketing, Pittsburgh Corning
- Simplify PID Tuning to Meet Process ObjectivesPID tuning and features determine process performance but the relationship is not well understood, leading to a divergence of opinions and a multitude of rules. This presentation unified major tuning rules to a simpler set that, when used with key PID options, can achieve a diverse spectrum of process objectives. Presented by Greg McMillan, senior fellow, Emerson Process Management
- Electronic Design Trends in PLC-based Control SystemsEquipment used for industrial control, such as the programmable logic controller (PLC), has increasing levels of connectivity, embedded processing, and functional safety. This presentation examined how these trends affect the design and functionality of various types of I/O modules, the building blocks of PLC-based control systems. Presented by Navin Kommaraju, engineering manager, Texas Instruments
- I/O on Ethernet… What do I need to know?New Ethernet networks allow remote I/O to be collected using high-speed modular architecture supporting different I/O types and protocols. However, with the openness of Ethernet comes risk, demanding attention of network security. Presented by Jason Haldeman, product marketing lead specialist, Phoenix Contact
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts